Job Number 19145347
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Western Mountain Pacific Sales| 1255 Treat Blvd| Suite 800|
Walnut Creek| California| United States
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
Drives revenue from local accounts for the hotels the Sales Executive
represents by proactively soliciting new business from small business
accounts| sourcing new accounts| identifying new targets| and re-soliciting
past business leads. Partners with account leaders to pull through business
from deployed customer accounts focusing to maximize business within the
represented market place. Provides property support by coordinating and
executing property internal mining efforts at assigned hotels. May work with
Local Sales and U.S. Account Sales teams to drive production from targeted
high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate business within
the represented market place. Reports to the area sales leaders to align on
sales activities to generate business for stakeholder properties in the
This position represents 1 hotel: Residence Inn Salt Lake City Cottonwood.
This is a remote eligible position (ie work out of your home office) that
needs to be located within the Salt Lake City| Utah geographic area. Zone 2.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
• 4-year college degree; previous experience in proactive lead generation in
hospitality and sales discipline; knowledge of property-specific business
segments (e.g. group| catering| transient); knowledge the hospitality
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Works with Area Sales Leader (ASL) in identifying the top accounts of each
stakeholder hotel| determine deployment structure| identify account manager|
and coordinate efforts to pull-through business from the accounts for the
• Assist ASL in identifying share shift targets.
• May work with Local Sales and U.S. Account Sales teams to drive production
from targeted high priority accounts including maximizing special corporate
business within the represented market place.
• Provides property support by coordination and executing property internal
mining efforts to assigned hotels
• Solicits new business from assigned small business accounts| reader boards|
and leads sent through internal referral mechanisms.
• Solicits potential new accounts or business opportunities by leveraging
business intelligence provided by Sales & Marketing Planning and Support or
other third-party data sources to generate leads.
• Utilizes internal lead referral tools (e.g.| eProspecting Portal) to solicit
new business opportunities and contacts.
• Re-solicits non-deployed realized opportunities| including turndowns| lost
opportunities| and actualized business when appropriate.
• Drives customer satisfaction through daily interactions (e.g.|
solicitations| re-solicitations| account calls| new business calls| face to
face activities| etc.).
• Conducts customer facing sales activities on behalf of the hotels in
partnership with Property Coordinator/Resource as appropriate. (e.g.| lunch
and learns| social hours| company of the month activities| local industry
events| Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) Activities| etc.).
• Conducts site inspections for customer accounts when appropriate.
• Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account in CI/TY
SFA Web to verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
• Qualifies and maintains customer’s long-term business potential and refers
customers to market| field| hotel or national sales office| as required.
• Verifies accurate and timely lead turnover to other Sales Channels.
• Manages outbound lead merchandising along with associated booking fee when
• Presents stakeholder hotel benefits and features based on customer needs.
• Understands and utilizes all business processes written in support of the
• Utilizes negotiation skills and creative selling abilities to uncover new
• Uses all information systems (e.g.| CI/TY SFA Web| MRDW| MarRFP-SAPP|
Hoteligence| Account Relationship Management (ARM) to research the deployment
and value of the accounts deemed important for stakeholder hotels.
• Understands the overall market (e.g.| competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc.) to sell effectively against the
• Communicates trends| opportunities| and market changes to appropriate
parties| as needed.
• Leverages all available sales channels| (e.g.| marriott.com| group and
transient intermediaries| field sales| worldwide reservation offices| etc.)|
to optimize sales revenues.
• Understands and actively utilizes company marketing initiatives/incentives
to convert cold leads to warm leads.
• Tracks weekly activities and relationship to revenue and room night
• Sets day-today priorities to complete assigned responsibilities
• Adjusts to significant variation in daily workload through independent
• Shifts priorities as directed by supervisor or business needs. Drives
revenue from local accounts for the hotels the Sales Executive represents by
proactively soliciting new business from small business accounts| sourcing new
accounts| identifying new targets| and re-soliciting past business leads.
• Reports to the area sales leaders to align on sales activities to generate
business for stakeholder properties in the market.
• Performs other duties as appropriate.
• Building Successful Relationships
• Coordinates with account leaders (e.g.| Global Account Executives| Senior
Account Executives| and Account Executives) to coordinate in-market pull
through of business to grow account share. (e.g.| visiting local offices|
reviewing solicitation list of opportunities| reader board research| etc.).
• Participates in community and hotel networking events (e.g.| Rotary Clubs|
RI Social Hours| Chamber of Commerce| etc).
• Visits neighborhood target and local small business accounts and coordinate
follow up efforts.
• Coordinates with Area Sales Leader to understand needs and priorities of
stakeholder hotels to identify focus areas.
• Works collaboratively with the Sales Office| Area Sales| Account Sales and
Global Sales teams to establish coordinated sales efforts that are
complementary| and not duplicative.
• Handles customer care issues and as necessary| refers them to the
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy| driving customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services customers to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Increases local penetration of high potential accounts to optimize demand
across all brands and satisfy important property needs.
• Engages in property related events that support the development of existing
and new accounts (e.g.| General Manager (GM) Reception| Concierge Level
• Partners with account leaders to pull through business from deployed
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.