Job Number 20022135
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ| 10400 Fernwood Road| Bethesda|
Maryland| United States
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
This is a temporary position.
Manages the relationship with multiple Consumer Operations teams discipline
teams to plan technology investments| develop technology strategy/roadmaps|
prioritize new demand| communicate financial status| and address escalations.
Leads or supports the business planning and requirements phases for proposed
initiatives with an understanding of priorities and cross-system impacts| and
with the ability to clearly articulate IT capabilities. Manages and/or
supports medium and large-scale cross-functional initiatives that require
coordination across business disciplines and IT. Collaborates with the
Application Development teams to uncover creative solutions for complex
Education and Experience
• 10+ years relevant work experience with:
o 5+ year’s experience in medium- or large-scale project management across
diverse application areas and technologies
o 3+ years developing and executing strategic technology plans and/or project
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification.
• Skilled at converting business needs into technology requirements and
working within IT to manage the execution of projects
• Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs| creatively approach
solutions| and decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
• Demonstrated customer relationship management experience.
• 10 years’ experience in medium- or large-scale project management across
diverse application areas and technologies.
• Graduate/post graduate degree.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Revenue Management and/or Group Sales related
business functions and applications.
• Proven experience in planning| budgeting| and analysis within one or more
• Ability to effectively communicate with executive and discipline teams.
• Experience with development of program and project standards.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others.
• Excellent analytical skills where problems are very unusual and extremely
• Experience with business process re-engineering.
• Demonstrated knowledge of supported disciplines.
• Strong process management| negotiating| influencing| and problem resolution
• Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and
applications and to translate into business strategies for the client
• Ability to accomplish results through others| particularly by establishing
relationships| effective controls and partnering in a managed service
• Experience developing and executing multi-year plans.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Manages program efforts so that project components are delivered on time|
within budget| and as expected by the client.
• Leverages standards and tools for Marriott’s program and project management
in a multi-provider environment.
• Develops thorough and accurate business requirements.
• Converts business needs into technology requirements and works within IT to
manage the execution of those projects.
• Accountable for business case development.
• Aligns projects with short- and long-range business plans and technology
• Incorporates Information Technology (IT) project plans| costs| schedules|
and deliverables to meet business need and in support of the business case.
• Serves as primary project liaison with business partner(s).
• Liaises with other parts of the IT organization with a particular focus on
Architecture and Development.
• Provides guidance and direction to program management staff.
• Serves as escalation point for project managers| if required.
• Monitors project risk management and creates or identifies/directs
mitigation plans for each risk.
• Partners with client team to complete business cases by providing relevant
IT information and monitoring its ability to meet all relevant IT standards.
• Validates the solutions are as the client desires prior to development and
verifies the quality assurance prior to production.
• Mentors and coaches Marriott program and project managers and business
• Adaptability -Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication -Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and
engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues|
problems| and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different
sources to draw conclusions| develops and evaluates alternatives and
solutions| solves problems| and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence
and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents
the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and
systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for
producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of
business plans through effective planning| organizing| and on-going evaluation
• Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a team to
move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and
collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution -Ensures successful execution across of business plans
designed to maximize customer satisfaction| profitability| and market share
through effective planning| organizing| and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or
others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates| focuses| and
monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;
proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set
a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work
requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an
understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the
company’s service standards.
• Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
• Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of
assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals
of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals
develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to
improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage
everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and
• Technical Acumen – Understanding and utilizing professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-
specific work challenges
o Business Process and Analysis -Knowledge of multiple processes within
sponsor department; ability to document key process flows| recognize processes
for redesign| identify opportunities and translate business processes into
information system’s needs. Ability to define quality measures and evaluate
performance against standards and to identify issues| risks and possible paths
of resolution or mitigation strategies.
o IT Business Management -Ability to monitor and evaluate trends in
technology| technology delivery mechanisms and IT organizational processes and
tools. This includes the ability to redefine processes| make recommendations|
and perfect process governance frameworks.
• Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing
basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g.|
personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – The ability to add| subtract| multiply| or divide
quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and
ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in
work related documents.
o Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs
of the audience.