Remote: This option does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
In this software development role, you will be responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry standard methodologies. You will have the opportunity to work hands-on writing software or solutions, based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new software solutions to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. Additionally, you will drive development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies and application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. You will coach/mentor software developers and will review the software being developed. This role will also work closely with architects and/or data scientists to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities are:
· Work on Maximo 7.6 upgrade to Maximo Application Suite (MAS) 8.x
· Lead in design and developing safety configurations and enhancement in Maximo
· Assist in design and deploying Maximo interfaces with Asset Data Analytics systems
· Evaluate, Configuration, and customization of IBM Maximo Mobile Application
· Design and develop user interface, reports and drive security following best practices
· Troubleshoot issues by performing thorough analysis. Develop well thought out resolutions and options to fix bugs and to improve overall Maximo performances at GM
· Process optimization and implement best Asset Management practices
· Create, Update and customize BIRT reports
· Assist Maximo Workflow design, development, and troubleshooting
· Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team members
· Possess technical writing knowledge around system design specification and user documentation of software systems and ensure that technical documentation meets GM standards
· Understand and maintain compliance with GM standards and industry standard methodology
· Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and builds a winning culture.
Additional Job Description
• 5-10 years Maximo experience, including version 7.6.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Oracle database
• Strong data manipulation and data migration skills
• SQL scripting
• AI, Java, Maximo Automation scripting
• Able to troubleshoot issues using logs and other methods
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Linux scripting
• BIRT and Cognos reporting through Maximo
Compensation: Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The median level of salary compensation for this role is $113,760
Benefits : GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Bonus Potential : An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.