Job Number 19121144
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center| 201 Waterfront
Street| Oxon Hill| Maryland| United States
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus:
extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space| to
entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment| Gaylord Hotels
makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking
opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR| you|ll bring your warm smile| genuine
excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return| you’ll
experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals
with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy
Supports the daily shift operations of Housekeeping| Recreation/Health Club
and| if applicable| Laundry. Ensures property guestrooms| public space and
employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds
people accountable for corrective action.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property
financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with
all housekeeping policies| standards and procedures.
• Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
plans to improve guest satisfaction.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Strives to improve service performance.