Job Number 20013774
Job Category Event Management
Location Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center| 6700 N Gaylord
Rockies Blvd| Aurora| Colorado| United States
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus:
extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space| to
entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment| Gaylord Hotels
makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking
opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR| you|ll bring your warm smile| genuine
excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return| you’ll
experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals
with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high
quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls
financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the
success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy
to accomplish goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management| food
and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Banquet Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department| (e.g.| china| glass| silver|
buffet presentations| props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws| as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an
event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards| policies| and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet
beverage perpetual inventory.
• Schedules banquet service staff to forecast and service standards| while
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain
business and increase growth.
Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and
cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and
ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the
development and implementation of corrective action to address service
challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.