Job Number 19078093
Job Category Human Resources
Location Renaissance Newport Beach| 4500 MacArthur Blvd| Newport Beach|
California| United States
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet| peeked
behind every door| and never ceased to ask |why| when given an explanation.
Today| you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to
discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood| always looking to
explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like
you| you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style| natural curiosity
and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the
night| it|s a place to discover| a place in the world with style like yours.
That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like
The Director of Human Resources will report directly to the property General
Manager| with a dotted-line (functional) reporting relationship to the
Regional Senior Director of Human Resources and will be an integral member of
the property executive committee. As a member of the Human Resources
organization| he/she contributes a high level of human resource generalist
knowledge and expertise for a designated property. He/she will be accountable
for talent acquisition| succession/workforce planning| performance management
and development for property employees| using technology efficiently| and
coaching/developing others to help influence and execute business objectives
in the most efficient manner. He/she generally works with considerable
independence| developing processes to accomplish objectives in alignment with
broader business objectives. Additionally| he/she utilizes a Human Resource
Business Plan aligned with property and brand strategies to deliver HR
services that enable business success.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources| Business
Administration| or related major; 4 years of experience in the human
resources| management operations| or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Human Resources| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years of experience in the human resources| management
operations| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing the Human Resources Strategy
• Executes and follows-up on engagement survey related activities.
• Champions and builds the talent management ranks in support of property and
region diversity strategy.
• Translates business priorities into property Human Resources strategies|
plans and actions
• Implements and sustains Human Resources initiatives at the property.
• Coordinates the human capital review process at property(s) and leads
succession planning activities on property and in the market| as appropriate.
• Leads the assessment of property(s) leadership pipeline through the human
capital review process and assists with follow-up.
• Creates value through proactive approaches that will affect performance
outcome or control cost.
• Monitors effective use of myHR by property managers and employees.
• Leads and participates in succession management and workforce planning.
• Responsible for Human Resources strategy and execution.
• Serves as key change manager for initiatives that have high employee impact.
• Attends owners meetings as a member of the property executive committee and
provides meaning or context to the Human Resources results (e.g.| retention
statistics| critical open positions| employee satisfaction| and training
initiatives and results); and demonstrates an understanding of owner
• Supervises one or more on-property Human Resources| as well as market-based
Human Resources Specialist type resources where appropriate.
Managing Staffing and Recruitment Process
• Analyzes open positions to balance the development of existing talent and
• Serves as coach and expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing
• Surfaces opportunities in work processes and staffing optimization.
• Makes staffing decisions to manage the talent cadre and pipeline at the
• Develops staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating
to hiring practices; consults with hiring manager on compensation| benefits|
• Monitors sourcing process and outcomes of staffing process.
• Ensures managers are competent in assessing and evaluating hourly staff.
Managing Employee Compensation Strategy
• Remains current and knowledgeable in the internal and external compensation
and work competitive environments.
• Leads the planning of the hourly employee total compensation strategy.
• Champions the communication and proper use of total compensation systems|
tools| programs| policies| etc.
• Participates in quarterly internal equity analysis; reviews internal equity
reports and surface issues needing resolution.
• Creates and implement s total compensation management packages/offers|
particularly recognition and incentive programs directed towards property
Managing Staff Development Activities
• Ensures completion of the duties and responsibilities of the properties’
Human Resources staff members| as outlined in applicable job description(s).
• Ensures property Human Resources staff is properly trained in all employee-
related human resource information to appropriately respond to property
• Serves as resource to property Human Resources staff on employee relations
questions and issues.
• Continually reinforces positive employee relations concepts.