Job Number 19161604
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel| 6007 Legacy
Drive| Plano| Texas| United States
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet| peeked
behind every door| and never ceased to ask |why| when given an explanation.
Today| you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to
discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood| always looking to
explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like
you| you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style| natural curiosity
and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the
night| it|s a place to discover| a place in the world with style like yours.
That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like
Functions as the property’s strategic financial business leader. The position
champions| develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver
products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the
brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the
financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on
investment. In addition| creates and executes a business plan that is aligned
with the property and brand’s business strategy and focuses on the execution
of financial and accounting activities and the delivery of desirable financial
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 2 years
experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Master|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making
• Develops means to improve profit| including estimating cost and benefit|
exploring new business opportunities| etc.
• Analyzes information| forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual
• Compiles information| analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for
more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles| reasons| or facts of information by
breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Thinks creatively and practically to develop| execute and implement new
• Creates the annual operating budget for the property.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving
and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks.
• Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard
assets| improve operations and profitability.
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business
plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic direction.
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating
department’s actual and projected sales.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in
Leading Finance & Accounting Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals| the focus and the owner priorities to
subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence
the executive team| the property|s strategies and to lead own team.
• Oversees internal| external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and other
departments managers| clear accountability backed by appropriate authority.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Attends meetings and communicating with the owners| understanding the
priorities and strategic focus.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners| corporate|
• Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is
easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs
and owner requirements.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Develops and supports achievement of performance goals| budget goals| team
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by
appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g.| costs are properly matched to
revenue| costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully
perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on
their individual strengths| development needs| career aspirations and
• Conduct performance review process for employees.
• Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.