Job Number 19134505
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Long Island Marriott| 101 James Doolittle Blvd.| Uniondale| New
York| United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking
parameters. Provides property support by coordinating and executing site
inspections/visits for off-property sales managers. Verifies that the business
is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
Pulls through business booked through the Sales Office| as well as achieves
group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to
maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and
applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives
customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all opportunities
booking through the Sales Office
• Partners with Area Sales to identify new group/catering business and achieve
personal and property revenue goals.
• Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the group booking
• Up-sells products and services| with the ability to bring the sale to
• Engages in proactive selling of all of facilities (e.g.| Spa| Golf|
Restaurants) to all of leisure guests as well as group planners
• Assists with selling| implementation and follow-through of group sales
• Provides recommendations to Sales Office and Area Sales associates regarding
the potential to reallocate function space as needed.
• Handles event planning aspects prior to the business turning over for
business booked in advance (e.g.|> 3 years out).
• Coordinates and plans all Familiarization Tours (FAM) t and in-market
• Provides accurate| complete and effective turnover to Event Management
• Represents sales department at staff meetings and stand up meetings and
reports out on sales activity.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs| obtain
feedback on quality of product (e.g.| rooms| meeting facilities and equipment|
food and beverage)| service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the property for
out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site visits for Remote
Senior Sales Executives and out-of-market Senior Account Executives)
• Coordinates site visits and partners when appropriate for in-market sales
managers (e.g.| Account Executives and Senior Account Executives)
• Partners with account/selling manager to develop creative aspects of site
• Gathers all important customer data from account/selling manager in order to
plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals| specific needs| key account info|
• Develops site standards and pricing guidelines in order to control
Department 47 expenses and allow for accurate projecting
• Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses in order to differentiate
Marriott from the competition during the site visit
• Understands the overall market (e.g.| competition| economic trends|
seasonability| supply and demand| etc.) and implements appropriate sell
• Provides expert knowledge on local destination (e.g.| local attractions|
• Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for future open years
• Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and property ‘s
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling expenses
and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion
for quality service delivery.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.|. Sales Office|
Area Sales| Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify that the property needs are
being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary| not duplicative.
• Gets involved in community-based organizations in order to position property
for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Meets with walk-in clients and qualifies lead for account/sales manager.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings.
• Attends and facilitates pre-planning visits to establish consistent customer
• Greets site clients and escorts overnight guests to their rooms
• Acts as Personal Concierge to client while on site to help coordinate any
• Assists with all transportation requests for sites and meets client upon
• Entertains customers by showing them the property and key locations
surrounding the property
• Provides after-hours entertaining for customers
• Works with Marriott Guestware Program Manager to check for reward member
status and any special needs of client
• Coordinates and delivers amenities and welcome note t to guest rooms
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer
experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.|
Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics| Renaissance
Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics).
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and establishing their satisfaction before
and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property ‘s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.