Job Number 19083845
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne| Miami| 455 Grand Bay Drive| Key
Biscayne| Florida| United States
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
The position is accountable for soliciting and handling catering sales
opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for proper service delivery. Conducts day-to-day activities related to
catering sales with a focus on building long-term| value-based customer
relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 1 year
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities could include sales calls| entertainment|
FAM trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
• Provides accurate| complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Engaging in Sales Activities
• Researches and develops new leads for catering business.
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new
business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions
and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._