Job Number 19167737
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center| 2800 Opryland
Drive| Nashville| Tennessee| United States
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus:
extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space| to
entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment| Gaylord Hotels
makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking
opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR| you|ll bring your warm smile| genuine
excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return| you’ll
experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals
with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy
Management position that focuses on successfully accomplishing the daily
objectives in the kitchen. Leads staff while personally assisting in all areas
of the kitchen| including food production; purchasing and kitchen sanitation.
Position contributes to ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the culinary| food and
beverage| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 3 years experience in the culinary|
food and beverage| or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops| designs| or creates new applications| ideas| relationships|
systems| or products| including artistic contributions.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Performs all duties of Culinary and related kitchen area employees in high
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate service and
timing of events and meals.
• Communicates areas in need of attention to staff and follows up to ensure
• Supports and assists with new menus| concepts and promotions for the
Restaurant outlets and Banquets.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types| either on a regular basis or for
special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards
Supervising Daily Culinary Team Activities
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests
based on required specifications.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Conducts employee performance appraisal process| giving feedback as needed.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Monitors employee|s progress towards meeting performance expectations.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Follows specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Monitors staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs and
financial objectives are met.
• Places orders for appropriate supplies and manages food and supply
inventories according to budget.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and
consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Manages day-to-day operations| ensuring the quality| standards and meeting
the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Reports malfunctions in department equipment.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team