Job Number 19085320
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center| 201 Waterfront
Street| Oxon Hill| Maryland| United States
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus:
extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space| to
entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment| Gaylord Hotels
makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking
opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR| you|ll bring your warm smile| genuine
excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return| you’ll
experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals
with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy
Entry level management position that assists in supporting the day-to-day
activities in Housekeeping| Recreation/Health Club and Laundry| if applicable.
Position works with employees to clean and maintain guestrooms and public
space. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective
action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 1 year experience in the housekeeping or related
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
• Assists in all lost and found procedures.
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective
check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and
• Works effectively with the Engineering department on guest room maintenance
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Assists in supervising an effective inspection program for all guestrooms
and public space.
• Assists in managing linen inventory and guest supplies and assists in the
ordering of supplies as necessary.
• Assist in supervising Housekeeping and all related areas in the absence of
the Director of Services or Housekeeping Manager.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.