Job Number 19149009
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne| Miami| 455 Grand Bay Drive| Key
Biscayne| Florida| United States
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assists the Director of Loss Prevention in managing the daily functions of the
department to ensure protection of property assets| employees| guests and
property. Maintains logs| certifications and documents required by law and
Standard Operating Procedures. Trains staff in established emergency
procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Position
focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the security/loss
prevention or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related
major; 2 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Collaborates with the Director of Loss Prevention on ways to continually
improve departmental performance.
• Comply with policies on proper investigative procedures for loss of property
• Maintain proper documentation of property patrols.
• Handles complaints| settling disputes| and resolving grievances and
conflicts| or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Reports any procedure violations to the Director of Loss Prevention and
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Supervises security staff to effectively monitor and protect property
• Performs duties of the Director of Loss Prevention in his/her absence.
Leading Security/Loss Prevention Teams
• Assists Director of Loss Prevention in establishing guidelines and training
so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team
• Communicates critical information to Loss Prevention officers based on
knowledge gained at pre- and post-convention meetings.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures| detailing procedure codes|
ensuring employee understanding of safety codes| monitoring processes and
procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Helps employees and guests obtain necessary medical attention on a timely
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching| mentoring| or
otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance| medical attention| emotional support| or other
personal care to others such as coworkers| customers| or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Utilizes an |open door| policy.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses
on continuous improvement.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in maintaining required OSHA programs and statistical data.
• Assists in the management of claims by ensuring proper procedures are
followed and documented.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources
• Report all employee accidents and guest liability incidents to Claims
Reporting Service in a timely manner.
• Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
• Certify security staff in first aid and CPR.
• Identifies the educational needs of others| developing formal educational or
training programs or classes| and teaching or instructing others.
• Trains security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Trains staff on proper patrol procedures.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and
• Informs and/or updates the executives| the peers and the subordinates on
relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors| co-workers| and subordinates by
telephone| in written form| e-mail| or in person.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._