Job Number 20012221
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location The Ritz-Carlton| Denver| 1881 Curtis Street| Denver| Colorado|
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Assists in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies that
deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of
the brand’s target customer and property employees. The position provides the
financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the brand
service strategy and brand initiatives while maximizing the return on
investment. In addition| assists with the creation and execution of a business
plan that is aligned with the property and brand’s business strategy and
focuses on the execution of financial and accounting activities and the
delivery of desirable financial results.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; 1 year
experience in the finance and accounting or related professional area.
• Master|s degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Planning and Decision Making
• Assists in the development of means to improve profit| including estimating
cost and benefit| exploring new business opportunities| etc.
• Analyzes information| forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual
• Compiles information| analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected
• Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for
more efficient budget planning.
• Identifies the underlying principles| reasons| or facts of information by
breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Assists in the creation of the annual operating budget for the property.
• Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving
and productivity opportunities for property managers.
• Assists in the implementation of a system of appropriate controls to manage
• Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard
assets| improve operations and profitability.
• Analyzes financial data and market trends.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual
business plan which is aligned with the company’s and brand’s strategic
• Provides on going analytical support by monitoring the operating
department’s actual and projected sales.
• Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in
Assisting in Leading Finance & Accounting Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead| influence| and
encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making;
demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Communicates the strategic goals| the focus and the owner priorities to
subordinates in a clear and precise manner.
• Oversees internal| external and regulatory audit processes.
• Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members clear accountability
backed by appropriate authority.
• Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports according to
Standard Operating Procedures.
Anticipating and Delivering on the Needs of Key Stakeholders
• Attends meetings and communicating with the owners| understanding the
priorities and strategic focus.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners| corporate|
• Communicates financial concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is
easy to understand and drives desired behaviors.
• Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
• Manages communication with owners in an effective manner.
• Manages property working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs
and owner requirements.
• Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team.
Developing and Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately.
• Monitors all taxes that apply| ensuring that taxes are current| collected
• Submits reports in a timely manner| ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Develops and supports achievement of performance goals| budget goals| team
• Improves profit growth in operating departments.
• Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports|
• Reconciles balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by
appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
• Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g.| costs are properly matched to
revenue| costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
• Ensures compliance with management contract and reporting requirements.
• Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and
• Ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program.
• Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully
perform their job.
• Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on
their individual strengths| development needs| career aspirations and
• Conducts performance review process for employees.
• Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._