Job Number 19000UJY
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel| 811 7th Ave 53rd Street|
New York| New York| United States
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton| we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by
our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love
what we do| and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests
stay with us| it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an
experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything
they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the
lives of those around you| we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Acts as the on-property liaison for group sales within the pre-defined peak
room parameters for Property Sales. Contracts and closes group business in
addition to conducting site inspections. Verifies business is turned over
properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves group
revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize
revenue opportunity. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable
brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Achieves group revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering
opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined peak room
• Understands the overall market (e.g.| competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions
and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business
opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
• Partners with Area Sales to identify new group/catering business and achieve
personal and property revenue goals.
• Acts as the on-property liaison for group events over the Group Sales peak
room parameters of the Sales Office.
• Develops group sales revenue and operation budgets| and provides forecasting
• Works with the management team to create and implement a group
sales/marketing plan addressing revenue| customers| and market.
• Assists with selling| implementation| and follow-through of group sales
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs| obtain
feedback on quality of product (e.g.| rooms| meeting facilities and equipment|
food and beverage)| service levels| and overall satisfaction.
• Provides accurate| complete| and effective turnover to Event Management.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Conducts site inspections| as required.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.|.| MHR
Spirit to Serve Daily Basics| RHR Savvy Service Basics| Courtyard| SpringHill
Suites| Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day| Residence Inn Daily Huddle| or
TownePlace Suites Morning Meeting).
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling
expenses| and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings through sales calls| entertainment| FAM trips| trade
• Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand
customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Group Sales
within the Sales Office| Area Sales| EST) to verify the property needs are
being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary| not duplicative.
• Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a customer
experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during| the program/event.