Job Number 20019940
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Miami Coconut Grove| 2649 South Bayshore Drive| Miami|
Florida| United States
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by
Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and
balanced. Working at Courtyard| you|ll ensure guests have a smooth| productive
stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at
Courtyard by Marriott.
Handles more complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that
are above sales office parameters (e.g.|| 150 covers). Provides day to day
supervision to catering sales associates that are on-property. Contracts and
closes local catering and social business and verifies that business is turned
over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Achieves
catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to
maximize revenue. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand
initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by
delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing|
guest services| front desk| or related professional.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
• 2 years of catering sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages the sales efforts for the property including local corporate and
• Responds to incoming catering opportunities for the property.
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new catering business to achieve personal
and property revenue goals.
• Solicits affiliate business associated with citywide events from approved
affiliate list provided by Citywide Sales Executive.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions
and property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Works with the management team to create and implement a catering sales plan
addressing revenue| customers and market.
• Designs| develops and sells creative catered events.
• Maximizes revenue by up-selling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Develops and manages catering sales revenue and operation budgets| and
provides forecasting reports.
• Develops menus that drive sales.
• Assists with selling| implementation and follow-through of catering
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g.||
Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily Basics| Renaissance
Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics| Courtyard| SpringHill Suites|
Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day| Residence Inn Daily Huddle| or TownePlace
Suites Morning Meeting).
• Establishes that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to
operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of
the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property
leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues| controlling
expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott
• Handles more complex social and local corporate catering opportunities that
are above sales office parameters (e.g.| 150 covers).
• Provides day to day supervision to catering sales associates that are on-
• Contracts and closes local catering and social business and confirms that
business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service
• Achieves catering revenue goals by actively up-selling each business
opportunity to maximize revenue.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in
all aspects of the sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.| Sales Office|
Area Sales|Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to establish coordinated sales efforts
that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Interacts effectively with sales| kitchen| vendors| competitors| local
community| catering associations and other hotel departments in order to
monitor guest satisfaction.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution both prior to| and
during the program/event.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies
at the property level.