Job Number 19001AVA
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort| 400 S. Collier Blvd.|
Marco Island| Florida| United States
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and
Marriott Hotels | Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than
500 global locations| is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can
travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels| you will help keep this
promise by delivering premium choices| sophisticated style| and well-crafted
details. With your skills and imagination| together we will innovate and
reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International|s luxury portfolio and
consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and
distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come
first. Because if you’re happy| our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as
that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other| where you’ll be
part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-
workers. JW creates opportunities for training| development| recognition and
most importantly| a place where you can really pursue your passions in a
luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take
care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Develops and manages resort activity programs (e.g.| coordinates activities|
purchases equipment and supplies etc.). Manages pools| health club and kid’s
club| including overall maintenance| daily upkeep and cleanliness. Makes
management decisions and provides departmental guidance for all Resort
operations related activities. Provides and models service behavior to guests
and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests.
Conducts administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a fair
and equitable manner for Recreation| Kid’s Club| and Poolside Restaurant| |
and other appropriate Resort Operations related teams.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the recreation/health club
operations or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Health Education| Physical
Education| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; no work
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and managing resort activity programs (e.g.| coordinates
activities| purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
• Develops and coordinates all Resort Events such as guest barbeques| wine
tasting| farmer markets| Easter egg hunts| bowling tournaments – to include
both kids and adult activities
• Finds and serves as liaison with vendors to support events
• Develops and manages all group activities (e.g.| cowboy poetry| Wii bowling
tournaments| and team building events)
• Attends to and prioritizes the needs of events happening at the Resort
(which may involve simultaneous activities).
Managing pools| health club and kid’s club| including overall maintenance|
daily upkeep and cleanliness.
• Conducts inspections and ensuring that the property is getting fixed and
maintained. Coordinating the fixes with vendor or own housekeeping/engineering
to get fixed
• Ensures inspection logs are kept up to date
• Builds and manages relationship with appropriate vendors responsible for
providing any service to a Resort Operations function.
M aking management decisions and providing departmental guidance for all
Resort operations related activities.
• Reviews financial statements| sales and activity reports| and other
performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine
areas needing cost reduction and program improvement
• Understands employee satisfaction and guest satisfaction results and
develops game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives balancing costs with
employee/guests satisfaction and quality
• Ensures effective departmental communication and information systems through
logs| department meetings and property meetings
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest
tracking and productivity.
Modeling customer service behavior to guests and employees.
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable
for all guests
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence| energy and enthusiasm
• Responds timely to customer service department request
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns
• Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and
expectations| and exceeds them.
Reinforcing appropriate culture to provide service to guests.
• Ensures that all employees| team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s)
understand the brand service culture
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation|
empowerment| teamwork| continuous improvement and a passion for providing
Conducting administrative activities to ensure employees are treated in a
fair and equitable manner for Recreation| Kid’s Club| and Poolside
Restaurant| | and other appropriate Resort Operations related teams.
• Organizes and conducts weekly meetings with Resort Operations managers and
• Coordinates| or provides support for coordinating| all training activities
for employees in all departments
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely fashion
• Rewards team as behaviors are demonstrated
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times
• Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations
and all team members meet or exceed hospitality requirements
• Ensure that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations
• Interviews and assist in making hiring decisions
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis with managers/supervisor
• Ensures barriers to achieving goals are being discussed and resolved by the
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees
• Ensures administrative activities such as review of information for payroll
are completed in a timely manner.