Job Number 19000DDF
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Marriott International HQ| Bethesda| Maryland
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
The Director| Program Management Loyalty Operations is a key member of the
Marriott International’s Loyalty Operations Team and will provide business
management consultancy services in support of high-priority Loyalty-focused
strategic initiatives that require enterprise-wide engagement to succeed. The
position will report into the VP| Program Management with dotted line to VP|
This position’s primary responsibility is to lead strategic projects ranging
from baseline assessments to comprehensive management of complex programs.
This Director will be responsible for engaging with cross-discipline subject
matter experts (SMEs) and senior| CLS and BMSC leadership to plan and execute
Loyalty initiatives across the enterprise| driving the overall success of
Marriott International’s major business objectives.
Success in this role requires strong strategic thinking skills| exceptional
attention to detail| a proven ability to manage multiple projects and
stakeholders simultaneously| and a willingness to be tested on difficult
projects and initiatives.
The individual will focus primarily on projects in the following areas:
• Baseline assessment work to inform prioritization of transformational
projects within and across Loyalty| CLS and BMSC
• Development and validation of complex growth / business development
strategies affecting both BMSC & Continent teams
• Consistent pull-through of enterprise-wide strategies across multiple
disciplines at Marriott headquarters and within our Continent organizations|
• Strategic planning support for senior leaders within the Loyalty
organization| including design and facilitation of multi-day ideation /
working sessions designed to drive innovation and collaboration across teams
• Loyalty Projects and Initiatives where needed| oversee project leaders
managing cross functional projects and initiatives supporting top-line revenue
growth| transformation and innovation across Loyalty
Education and Experience
4-year degree from accredited university in Business Administration| or
related major; plus 6 – 8 years of solid program/project management
experience| or related professional area.
• Proven track record consulting to business leaders and designing|
developing| and implementing high impact team effectiveness and capability
building solutions in large| complex organizations| using a variety of
• Solid organization and team development work experience; demonstrated
progressive growth from more junior to senior roles.
• Demonstrated experience in working with and influencing cross-functional
work teams in a matrix organization.
• Experience leading organizational change initiatives.
• Graduate-level study.
• Hospitality/Lodging industry experience.
• Experience in finance and comfort with analytics strongly preferred.
• Prior experience leading the planning and execution of complex/multi-
disciplinary strategic projects and initiatives.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
_Project and Strategy Leadership_
• Leads cross-functional working teams comprised of senior discipline experts
including| but not limited to| representatives from iT| Digital| Loyalty
Operations| Global Operations| BMSC| Human Resources| Cards| Finance| Customer
Experience| CEC| etc. to meet project objective and goals on time and on
• Delivers presentations related to the strategic roadmap development| project
execution/status| and management to senior management and other key
stakeholders (e.g.| owners| associates| customers).
• Leads initiatives on behalf of the Loyalty organization to drive change
within Loyalty and across Marriott International. Act as a day-to-day project
lead with the following responsibilities:
o Provides content guidance to the project.
o Develops / coordinates development of high-quality deliverables and work
products in support of the project.
o Monitors and provides constructive feedback on work products produced by
more junior members of the Enterprise Activation Team.
o Participates in review cycles at key milestones & provide perspectives to
manager related to project management decisions.
o Actively participates in strategy sessions| contributing materially to
o Develops and drives activation of complex implementation plans.
o Partners with manager to ensure appropriate sponsorship and resourcing.
o Establishes key milestones and approval roles.
o Ensures timely delivery against milestones.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES Leadership
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing
and engaging manner through a variety of methods
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues|
problems| and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different
sources to draw conclusions| develops and evaluates alternatives and
solutions| solves problems| and chooses a course of action
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and
represents the company in alignment with its values; remains composed and
focused even in high-stress situations
• Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and
systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for
producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of
business plans through effective planning| organizing| and on-going evaluation
• Building and Contributing to Teams – P articipates as a member of a team
to advance common goals| while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team
• Ability to Work Independently – Proven ability to advance work products
with limited guidance and oversight| consistently bringing well-reasoned
points of view to discussions with manager and other leaders
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across business plans
designed to maximize customer satisfaction| profitability| and market share
through effective planning| organizing| and on-going evaluation processes
• Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or
others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates| focuses| and
monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;
proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
• Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set
a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work
requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed
• Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an
understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with
Marriott’s service standards
• Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
• Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of
assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals
of an organizational unit
• Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals
develop / strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to
improve performance of self and/or others
• Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to
manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach
business and administrative challenges
• Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-
specific work challenges. o Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-
specific systems| tools| and business practices
• Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing work activities: o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic
computer hardware and software (e.g.| personal computers| word processing
software| Internet browsers)
o Mathematical Reasoning – Adds| subtracts| multiplies| or divides
quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues
o Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas
presented through complex conversation
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written English at a level that
allows fluid professional communications
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing| and is able to tailor
writing style to suit the needs of variable audiences