Job Number 190011FL
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location W Dallas – Victory| 2440 Victory Park Lane| Dallas| Texas|
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury| W turns the traditional notion of
the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for
excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a
life less ordinary that drives them to demand more| experience it all| and hit
We share our guests’ passions| providing insider access to what’s new and
what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for
life demands more| not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a
mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene
that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world| then we invite you
to explore a career with W Hotels.
Supervises daily Food and Beverage (F&B) shift operation and monitors
compliance with all F&B policies| standards| and procedures. Manages day-to-
day operations verifying that the quality| standards and meeting the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis. Maintains the operating
budget| and verifies that standards and legal obligations are followed.
Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in the ordering of Food and Beverage (F&B) supplies| cleaning
supplies and uniforms.
• Supervises daily F&B shift operation and monitors compliance with all F&B
policies| standards and procedures.
• Supports and supervises an effective monthly self inspection program.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reports malfunction.
• Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service| operational needs|
and financial objective are met.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust| respect| and cooperation among team
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees|
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize| organize| and accomplish
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Verifies that all team members/supervisors understand the brand specific
• Maintains the operating budget| and verifies that standards and legal
obligations are followed.
• Assists supervisors in understanding team members ever changing needs and
expectations| and how to exceed them.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as
• Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify
• Coordinates cleaning program in all F&B areas (e.g.| General clean)|
identifying trends and making recommendation for improvements.
• Establishes and maintains open| collaborative relationships with employees.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation|
empowerment| teamwork and passion for providing service.
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all team members.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the brand specific service culture.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand
guest needs| providing guidance| feedback| and individual coaching when
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations| monitors quality| and standards and meets the
expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Stays readily available/ approachable for all guests.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction result with employees.
• Responds in a timely manner to customer service department request.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone| in written
form| e-mail| or in person.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates| including setting
performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and
• Performs hourly job function if necessary.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members at all times.
• Comprehends budgets| operating statements and payroll progress report.
• Performs other duties| as assigned| to meet business needs.