AECOM Project Accountant in Germantown- Maryland
United States of America – Maryland- Germantown
We are currently seeking experienced Project Accountants to support our office
located in Germantown- MD. You will be responsible for project cost accounting
and revenue recognition on a portfolio of diverse contracts. These activities
include establishing projects within Costpoint- revenue recognition- unbilled
receivable analysis- and customer billing.
1. Read and interpret the basic contract document as it relates to billing and revenue recognition- identify and confirm invoicing requirements with the contracts department as necessary- collaborate with project analysts to devise a project structure that considers billing- revenue and cost accumulation requirements.
2. Maintain all aspects of projects within Costpoint.
3. Prepare Cost Plus- T&M and Fixed Price billings for submission to customers.
4. Perform monthly revenue review and research discrepancies.
5. Perform monthly reconciliations of billed/unbilled vs. revenue activities- research and resolve unexplained reconciling items.
6. Assist with collection efforts and continued efforts on decreasing receivables.
7. Assist with DCAA information requests.
8. Assist with the Contract Close-out process.
9. Ad hoc reporting as necessary.
10. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Candidates will possess a Bachelor|s degree in Accounting or related field and
have at least 6 years of job-related experience.
Costpoint experience is preferred
Must have excellent writing- spreadsheet and word-processing skills
Must be detail-oriented- highly motivated- and able to multitask
Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
What We Offer
When you join AECOM- you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the
most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time- addressing
the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations
to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth- flexibility and
creativity- as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion- diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are- how we act and what we aspire to- which comes
down to not only
delivering a better world – but working to |make amazing happen| in each
neighborhood- community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer-
we believe in each person`s potential- and we`ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 227952BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race- color- religion- sex- national origin- sexual orientation- gender
identity- disability or protected veteran status.