Job Number 19174686
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Times Square EDITION| 20 Times Square| 701 Seventh Avenue|
New York| New York| United States
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager|
the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel| and the global reach of
Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of
hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world|s top cities|
featuring the finest in dining| entertainment| nightlife| and service to
create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience| we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm| out-going| authentically amazing people who are
looking for a place to work that inspires them| challenges them and makes them
proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart| not from a
handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that
continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Responsible for proactively soliciting business. The position is accountable
for handling large group or other customer segments related to opportunities
with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business
opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties. Aligns customer
profile with the appropriate product. Achieves personal and team related
revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with Ritz-Carlton standards
of excellence. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 5 years’
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 3 years of experience in sales and
marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Targets accounts| markets| or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive
solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming opportunities for
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new business to achieve personal and
property revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective sales plans and actions.
• Works with partners to develop creative ideas and proposals for events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and individual
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as
significant customer expectations.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls| entertainment| FAM
trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for sales opportunities.
• Provides excellent customer sales service in order to grow share of the
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
• Utilizes intranet for resources| templates| and information.
• Participates in site visits.
• Develops and facilitate execution of contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards
through the sales process.